- Published on Tuesday, 27 September 2011 12:38
Deadline 15th of October. Application (please download) have to be send to
There is one residency available in November 2011 and two residencies in December 2011. Apply for these as soon as possible.
Dates and duration of the residencies: 1 to 4 months between February 1, 2012 and May 31, 2012.
Keywords: Fluxus sand, the Baltic Sea as a medium, labyrinths of forest paths, smoked fish, solitude, landscape meditation, mind massage, contemplating the ten-meter-high studio space, migrating from water to water, media lab, beaches and breeze, reinventing tradition, creative sunbathing.
Nida Art Colony invites artists, designers, architects, curators, and art researchers to meet the coming spring on the Baltic Sea coast in the Curonian Spit National Park. The Colony was opened in March 2011 as a new branch of the Vilnius Academy of Arts (Lithuania).
Check the first issue of the Nida Art Colony Log at www.nidacolony.lt/images/log01.pdf for the pulse of the Colony’s life and A.I.R. portfolios in Spring 2011.
CALL FOR RESIDENCY APPLICATIONS
Time and inspiring solitude are becoming the most important values today, and these are plenty at Nida Art Colony. The residency in Nida will meet your expectations if:
- the intensity of urban life – curators, openings, presentations – consumes all of your time and leaves you without energy to concentrate on artistic practice
- you are working with site-specific projects involving local communities, reflecting on the natural and/or cultural environment
- you love coincidences and want to meet artists from all over the world in order to collaborate with them now or in the future
- you are looking for a big studio and space for experiments – the whole forest and the whole beach can be your studio
Deadline for residency applications – October 15, 2011
Dates and duration of the residencies: 1 to 4 months between February 1, 2012 and May 31, 2012. There is one residency available in November 2011 and two residencies in December 2011. Apply for these as soon as possible.
Grants: one grant from the local Municipality is available to artists focusing on local social and cultural issues. Other selected candidates are issued a letter of support for individual grant seeking.
Costs: studio and living space rent is 312 Eur/month, including all taxes, use of equipment, communal spaces, bicycles and the minivan.
Location. Nida Art Colony is located on the Curonian Spit, which is a 98 km long peninsula separating the Curonian Lagoon and the Baltic Sea. The Curonian Spit is included in the UNESCO World Heritage List as one of the most beautiful and unique cultural landscapes of Europe.
- KONKURSAS Neringos savivaldybės meno stipendijai: paraiškos iki rugsėjo 1 d.
- Res Artis Regional Meeting in Vilnius & Nida, October 2-5th